Areas of Practice
I represent purchasers, sellers, developers, property managers, landlords, and tenants in real estate transactions related to ownership, management, acquisition, disposition, and leasing of real property. I have significant experience negotiating, drafting, and reviewing letters of intent and purchase and sale agreements; easements and licenses; office, retail, industrial, ground, and cannabis leases and subleases, work letter agreements, amendments, assignments, estoppel certificates, and subordination agreements; property management agreements and other ancillary real estate documents; assisting with due diligence matters; conducting title reviews and resolving title issues; and advising on operating expense disputes and damage claims, among other things.
Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Represented a Canadian automobile dealership group in the purchase of three parcels in Bellingham for a combined purchase price of over $28.5 million. In addition to the real property, this client simultaneously purchased Toyota and Mercedes-Benz dealerships located thereon for a combined purchase price of over $57.5 million.
- Represented the seller in connection with the $28 million sale of a 136-unit apartment complex in Kent to a Seattle-based affordable housing provider. The transaction was complicated by closing prorations for funds made available to the seller through King County’s eviction rental assistance program, and the seller’s election to defease an existing first-position loan.
- Represented a Washington state-chartered bank in several acquisitions of real property throughout Washington for an aggregate purchase price of nearly $10 million.
- Represented an international provider of temperature-controlled logistics solutions in the purchase of two warehouse buildings on the Seattle waterfront for a purchase price of $11.5 million, which acquisition included negotiating a ground lease with the port authority for the approximately 337,000 square feet of land upon which the buildings are located.
- Represented the seller of almost 10 acres in Mukilteo to a home builder proposing to construct 120 single-family residential townhome units plus commercial spaces, for a sale price of almost $9 million; transaction scheduled to close in 2024.
- Represented a family in the drafting and recording of a complex driveway and roadway easement followed by the sale of almost 13 acres of undeveloped land in Bellevue, for a sale price of almost $7 million.
- Represented the domestic subsidiary of a Japanese manufacturer of high-quality soup and seasonings for the food service industry, in the purchase of its previously leased U.S. headquarters and factory in Blaine, for a purchase price of over $6 million.
- Represented a nonprofit corporation in the purchase of a parcel in Skagit County for development as a camp for children with special needs, for a purchase price of over $3 million.
- Represented a property management company in the sale of a self-storage facility in Tacoma for a sale price of over $9 million, and in the purchase of an office building in downtown Seattle for a purchase price of over $11.5 million.
- Represented two families that jointly own a contaminated parcel near the Seattle Center regarding a joint venture agreement with a neighboring property owner and a prominent Seattle developer. The parties’ intent is to entitle and construct a multi-story, approximately 200,000 square-foot building with ground floor retail spaces and four levels of below-grade parking.
- Represented a manufacturer of cosmetics, as tenant, for the lease of over 20,000 square feet of manufacturing, storage, distribution, and office space in Snoqualmie.
- Represented a manufacturer of outdoor equipment, as tenant, for the leaseback of over 115,000 square feet of manufacturing, storage, distribution, and office space in the SoDo neighborhood, following the sale of the same for a sale price of over $24 million.
- Represented a supplier of sand, gravel, ready-mix, asphalt, and building materials, as tenant, for the ground lease of 12 acres of unimproved industrial property located on the Columbia River near Portland.
- Represented a manufacturer of medical ventilator equipment, as tenant, for the lease of 34,500 square feet of manufacturing, storage, distribution, and office space in Bothell.
- Represented a roofing supply distributor, as tenant, for the lease of 18,000 square feet of warehouse, wholesale showroom, and office space in Mount Vernon.
- Represented a professional hockey group, as tenant, for the lease of 5,000 square feet of exhibition and office space at the Seattle Center in Seattle.
- Represented an optometry clinic, as tenant, for the lease of over 6,000 square feet of office, retail, and exam-room space in Seattle.
- Represented a mall owner, as landlord, for the lease of 10,500 square feet of space in Gig Harbor, to a national retailer of health and beauty products.
- Represented a cannabis retailer, as tenant, for the lease of an 11,500 square foot building in downtown San Francisco.
- Represented a property owner, as landlord, for the lease of 117,000 square feet of space to a cannabis producer-processor for indoor growing and office space in Olympia.